The Dayton Area Recruiting Alliance (DARA) provides area HR Professionals an opportunity to candidly discuss recruiting and retention-related issues with peers in a confidential setting. The meeting format usually includes a presentation or a table topic; topic or a panel discussion by area experts who provide information on a variety of topics. Time permitting; the group conducts a roundtable discussion. Networking includes sharing ideas, best practices and experience around the recruiting and retention functions.
DARA has three key functions:
- To provide members with current information on recruiting and retention strategies and to build awareness of area workforce development initiatives and resources.
- To serve as a confidential roundtable forum on recruiting and retention related topics for HR recruiting professionals.
- To provide assistance or support projects related to area efforts to recruit and retain a qualified workforce.
- No membership dues and no specific membership requirements.
- DARA maintains an email address roster for purposes of distributing meeting announcements. The information is never shared.
- DARA "members" are welcome to bring guests.
- DARA meets monthly on the third Thursday of each month from 8:00-9:30 am. Meetings are not held in July, August, November, or December. Meetings are occasionally held on dates other than the third Thursday due to scheduling conflicts. If you have not received an emailed meeting announcement we recommend contacting Susan Davis to confirm scheduling.
- Meetings are held at Sinclair community College. Specific meeting room locations are identified in the meeting announcements.